Day 135 - Saturday 18th May 2024

For a day where I don't change accommodation, there was a hell of a lot of driving involved! Today I was backtracking about 120km (75 miles) to Bunbury for my last paid excursion of the trip, and the Dolphin Discovery Eco Cruise. The meeting time in Bunbury was 11:45, so I gave myself just over two hours to get there. But first, I wandered down to the beachside cafe near my room for a coffee and muffin (passionfruit and white chocolate today).

Away from the resort at 09:30, and on traffic filled roads with loads of roadworks Google Maps was spot on with how long it should take. I pulled into the car park at just after 11:00, and met up with my fellow passengers. We loaded up off the beach at 12:00 and were off.

With my recent record on eco cruises of not finding what we were looking for, after 20 minutes I started getting a case of deja vu, but then we found some dolphins. We stayed with the pod for about 45 minutes until it was time to head back into the beach.





Back to the car, and I started the journey back to Margaret River, but not before putting a waterfall I hadn't had time for yesterday into Google Maps. It was only 10 minutes from where I'm staying, and it was fortunate that it wasn't a long way off track as it was dry as a bone when I reached it. Still, it wasn't a totally wasted trip as I passed a field full of big mice (OK, either Kangaroos or Wallabys ... I don't know which) and was able to finally get a photo ..... that means that I've now captured the four iconic Aussie animals (Crocodile, Emu, Koala and some kind of Kangaroo)


Back to my room at around 16:00, and into dinner before having the final weekly video chat of the trip with Mum. It doesn't seem possible that this time next week I should (touch wood) be back home. It does start to have that feeling of an ending about it. Still, there remains a few memories to be made .... I must check what's on the plan for tomorrow.

I mustn't forget the Week 19 video ..... it's now live here.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Thursday 11 January 2024

Day 9 - Saturday 13 January 224

Day 5 - Tuesday 9th January 2024