Day 117 - Tuesday 30th April 2024

Today's update is going to be fairly short as I've had a bit of a down day.

At Katherine I'd already visited the places that interested me, so I had a nice slow day. I took the opportunity to do some planning for the rest of the trip, and in doing so spotted a mistake that I'd made here in Katherine on both stays that I've been able to correct.

Awake at 06:00 as usual, and as I swung my legs out of bed cramp hit my left calf. If I'd not already been wide awake, that would have definitely done the trick! Showered and into breakfast at just after 07:00, and then back to the cabin. I'm aware that you've probably not got a mental picture when I talk about the cabin, so here it is; the building in the background to the right is my bathroom and toilet.

I did have a look to see if there was anything to interest me for today, but that drew a blank, so I had a couple of games of Sudoku before starting to look at my plans for what's left of the trip. The first thing that struck me is that where I'm staying is noted in my planning book as 'B&B', but I've been paying for my breakfasts here ..... I guess I've been on auto pilot as the majority of the trip has been room only.

I checked against the documentation and breakfast does seem to be included, which has been confirmed by reception, so I've had a refund of the breakfasts that I bought over the two visits. I would have thought the restaurant would have had me down as breakfast included, but if I've been saying I needed to pay perhaps they didn't check.

Next, I looked at the future days travel, and made sure that I had all of the filling stations noted down with distances from the days starting point. There are a few days where the distance to drive is right on the range limit of the car, but the only feasible filling station is well before the half way point, so I now have them all listed so that I (hopefully) don't find myself running out of fuel.

I then did some preparation for tomorrow; I filled the car with fuel which should get me to Kununurra 514 kilometres away, and then visited the supermarket to top up on water and snakes (because you can never have too many jelly sweets to keep you going!).

Then back to the cabin again; the bar opened at 16:00 with happy hour until 18:00, and then dinner at shortly after 18:00 before getting everything packed that can be packed ready for loading early tomorrow.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Thursday 11 January 2024

Day 9 - Saturday 13 January 224

Day 5 - Tuesday 9th January 2024